Try saying that 10 times fast.
Today, guys, I thought we could use a little fun. And you were probably thinking it, too, I’m almost sure of it… I mean, hey, it’s Friday, even if it doesn’t feel like it!
So, here, I came up with seven witty writing prompts to get you through until next Friday! And then, come next Friday… well, you’ll be out of writing prompts, I suppose. But let’s live in the moment and not have to worry about the future!
Feel free to pick and choose from these prompts in whatever order you want. I mean, you do you—I can’t control what you do with them, anyway. And if you don’t wanna do any or them at all because you think they suck… well, like I said, you do you!
Here we go.
- Ethan is the new brand ambassador for an organic cat food company. The only thing that wasn’t mentioned in his job interview, though, is the fact that he’s going to be physically turned into a cat every weekday from 9-5…
- It’s your birthday! And all you wished for when you blew out your candles was to have infinite wishes that actually come true. You were joking at the time, of course, but the genie now in your kitchen isn’t.
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? That’s a good question, and as the head scientist of the government’s top top-secret research facility, it’s literally your job to find out.
- Dessert in the desert! Or is it desert in the dessert… Either way, that’s the name of Maria’s bakery, which she just inherited after her grandmother, the long time owner, passed away. Besides the fact that she has to deal with mourning and her new position over the frustrated employees, she’s discovered that her grandma used some very interesting ingredients in her recipes.
- Rowen loves her spa time, relaxed and away from her annoying family back at home. Maybe, though, she could do without all the strange guests—you know, the kind that like to have booger-flipping competitions in the sauna.
- Your character (you pick the name this time) is a travel blogger that is always on the hunt for the next big, lavishly-thrown party. Usually, it’s easy to just sneak in, since the guest lists and lines to get in are so long anyway. However, that’s not exactly the case in the country of Titilsmania…
- Hey, why don’t you try live-streaming your next writing session? Everyone loves to watch writers silently pecking away at keyboards. What they love even more, though, is seeing all the interruptions that befall you… including the herd of rabid rabbits that burst through the window behind you on this lovely sunny day.
Andddd… that’s it, folks!
Let me know what you thought/think of these “witty” writing prompts! And, of course, definitely tell me if you use one, as I’d love to see what you guys come up with.