Yeeeeee, I got a another one of these!
Now, this award was bestowed upon me by the lovely Jasmine of the beautiful blog Jasmine’s Reading– thank you again for the nomination!
And, for this nomination, there are 4 rules…
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or blog.
Those were copy and pasted directly from Jasmine, too, so I ain’t cheatin’.
So, let’s answer some questions!
Though, first… I should warn y’all, these are reading-related questions, and I’m actually (maybe surprisingly) not the most avid reader in the world… but I’ll still go for it.
When is your favorite time of day to read and why?
Before bed or right after a shower/bath. It gives me an excuse to lay down/relax longer, haha.
Do you have a favorite book candle? If not, name a character or bookish aesthetic you’d like a candle for and describe what it would smell like.
Oh my gosh, a book candle! That’s such a cute idea, I wish I actually had one. Like, a candle you light while you read, right? I wish I had one that smelled like cake or cookies… just because those are always the best smelling ones, haha.
What was your favorite book you had to read for school?
It feels longer than what it’s actually been for that, but, um… I read a little bit of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children in a creative writing class once, so does that count?
What was the last book you bought and/or the last one you borrowed from a library?
I Hate Everyone… Starting with Me by Joan Rivers. It was pretty hilarious.
Name a book you regret reading (no explanation necessary).
The Study of Organic and Inorganic Chemistry for the Health Sciences. No explanation needed.
What is your favorite mythical character/being/animal?
Bigfoot. Oh, wait… that said mythical…
What are you currently reading?
So many poetry books, and I’m going to buy more soon, probably.
Name a group, culture, identity, etc. that you’d like to see better representation of in literature.
This is a really good question. But, um… a hard one to answer, haha. Probably… honestly, can I just say everyone? Like, books usually get it okay, but movies and shows and stuff could really use some brushing up and away from stereotypes and stuff sometimes. And there’s a stereotype for pretty much everybody, and I honestly don’t get why those keep on going when everyone’s so tired of them already. At least I’m tired of them. But I don’t know about everyone else, I guess.
Like I said, that was a hard one to answer.
Hardcovers or paperbacks?
Paperbacks, for sure.
What is your favorite drink or snack to consume while reading?
Chai tea! ❤ ❤ ❤
Last book you read in a day (or in the shortest time for you)?
Looking for Alaska. Lord, I tried to read that book so many times, and I always forgot to finish it. I’m not a big reader, you know, and my best friend tried to get me into it so many years ago. Her copy ended up sitting on my dresser collecting dust for about two good years before I finally decided to pick it up and take it with me to the waiting room while my mom was going into surgery, and then I ended up getting so into it I read it for about eight hours straight. And, yes, it made me cry. Terribly.
Okay, well, that was it! And, now, to nominate…
Actually, I don’t have 11 people to nominate, so I’ll just do what I did before, and nominate absolutely everyone reading this right now!
You’re all invited to answer my questions! (And, please do, so that I have someone to have some fun with!)
Here’s your questions from me…
- What is your favorite scent (just in general)?
- White, dark, or milk chocolate?
- Science fiction or fantasy? Rom-com or docudrama?
- What is your favorite pair of shoes and why?
- If you could live in any other time period (or had to live, if you don’t want to), what/when/where would it be and why? You can make up the future, too!
- What is the worst traveling experience you have ever had?
- What was your favorite book/series as a kid?
- Rainy days or sunny ones?
- What’s your ideal/dream job (can’t be the one you have now!)?
- Favorite Olympic sport to watch? You can give one for summer and one for winter, if you’d like.
- How many licks do you think it really takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Yeah, I know, they’re random as ever. Still, though, I hope you like them and get a chance to answer them in your own blog!
Thanks again, Jasmine!