Hey, happy Friday y’all!!!
I’m in a really super good mood today because I just turned in my FINAL assignment for school this semester… last night! And now I have, like, all this time for writing and painting and vegging… and blogging, too!
So, I am here today, blogging, on my first day of winter break (just from school, that is- I’ve still got nanny-ing for two more weeks until the Holidays roll around), and I have crafted for you… writing playlist suggestions for every mood that your book may contain!
The idea of this is, like, you can pick which mood suits the scene you are trying to write or figure out, and then you can play these few songs that go with that mood to get you, literally, in the mood. My suggestion would also be to look up some of these in YouTube or something, and then let the auto-playlists take it from there (but don’t let it take you too far because we all know those auto-plays can get pretty weird/creepy/strange the deeper you go into them…).
So, I picked three songs for each category that I personally like because, well, any more would be a lot of work on my part and who knows if anyone will actually use what I’ve typed up (but, please, I hope you do!). Anyway, though, here’s all the moods and matching songs I’ve come up with to help push you through your moodiest of scenes!
Writing playlist for…
- The End of the Dream (from Synthesis) by Evanescence
- Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding
- Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco (Ft. LOLO)
- Home by Foxes
- Come Away with Me by Norah Jones
- Like a Star by Corinne Bailey Rae
- It’s a Heartache by Bonnie Tyler
- I’m with You by Avril Lavigne
- I Miss You by Blink 182
Times of Self-Empowerment
- Fighter by Christina Aguilera
- Survivor by Destiny’s Child
- I am the Fire by Halestorm
Making a Badass
- X Gon Give it to You by DMX
- Reputation by Joan Jett
- Pop Style by Drake
Feeling a Release
- Come Clean by Hilary Duff
- Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall
- Grow a Pear by Ke$ha
- American Woman by Lenny Kravitz
- Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner
And, that is it… for now.
I already know I missed a lot of moods, but maybe I can come up with a part two or something some other time soon!
Have a great weekend and get to writin’, homedogs!