A wise woman once said that you should know your characters better than your own blood.
Well, that wise woman might just be me, and I don’t even know my own blood type.
Alas, we all do need to know our main characters like the back of our hands–our cramping, sweating, carpal tunnel-ridden hands.
And one good way to go about knowing/learning all of that?
So, guys, here today I present you all with this extensive list of random and sometimes stupid questions to ask your own characters!
Read through them, copy and paste ’em into a Word doc for safekeeping, and answer them from the voices of your very real and round characters!
Also, as a sidenote, ahem… assume each question wants to also explain why or just generally elaborate more than yes/no; I mean, give more than a 7th grade student would on their history homework after school on a Friday night.
Come on, guys, let’s do this!
- What is your favorite smell?
- What kind of dream(s) did you have last night?
- Have you ever been involved with any sports or rec activities?
- Do you believe in the supernatural?
- Do you currently hold the occupation you really want?
- How many fingers/toes do you still have in tact?
- Who is your favorite actor? Does he/she also star in your favorite movie?
- Do you have any scars? (Physically and/or mentally!)
- What is the best advice you could give anyone about anything?
- Do you want to have kids? (Whether you do or don’t already.)
- What is your morning ritual?
- Potted plants or pets?
- What is your blood type?
Now, don’t you feel more knowledgeable?
Let me know what some of your character’s answers were!
One thought on “Interview your characters!”
Pingback: 3 “Emma Lenford” Characters, 1 “Interview”. – Kari Lynn M.