Is it poetry… or is it prose? I don’t know.
Guys, I haven’t done a mad-lib in forever… and, by forever, I mean, like, days.
So, I snatched a random holiday (slash Christmas…) fill-in-the blanks mad-lib off of google search. Because I’m feeling pretty lazy around this time of year… but not too lazy, apparently, because I went to page 3 of images for this one.
So, this mad-lib is created by I seriously don’t know who and who I hope does not care if I use it uncredited here… and it’s called… The Grinch. Or, as an alternative title, The Grouch (if you’re my four year old nephew).
And, don’t worry, I get really creative with these; you won’t be disappointed like with those boring “blue dog flew away” or “red fish jumped into the bright light” stories.
Now, let’s fill in some blanks…
- Adjective – Completely unsturdy, like a stack of Tupperware
- Color – The ugliest brownish-green you ever did see
- Another color – Some sort of mix between sky blue and sky orange with hints of sky purple
- Adjective – Curdled
- Animal – Well, not exactly a modern dinosaur, but not exactly a willy-worm, either
- Verb – Leapt like there’s no such thing as mainstream grammar
- Noun – Your grandpa’s half-chewed cigar butt
- Verb (-ing… or -in’) – Shootin’ out dukes
- Plural noun – Perpetually unenlightened critics
- Another plural noun – Serial killer’s collection of tusks
- ANOTHER plural noun – Blood pressure medications
I told you, I get creative with it.
AND NOW… THE RESULTS!
A mad-lib composition of great prose by Kari Lynn M.
The Grinch is a completely unsturdy, like a stack of Tupperware, ugliest brownish-green you ever did see creature with some sort of mix between sky blue and sky orange with hints of sky purple eyes who does not like Christmas cheer. When he sees people celebrating Christmas, it makes him curdled. He and his… well, not exactly a modern dinosaur, but not exactly a willy-worm, either, Max, try to leapt like there’s no such thing as mainstream grammar Christmas for people in the town of Your-grandpa’s-half-chewed-cigar-butt-ville by shootin’ out dukes on their Christmas perpetually unenlightened critics. When the people still have Christmas cheer, even without a serial killer’s collection of tusks, the Grinch decides to return the blood pressure medications and celebrates Christmas after all.
Oh, boy, haha.
I hope y’all had fun reading that. Because I did, too… I think…
Let me know how you’ve been getting into the holiday spirit!